Monday, October 30, 2017

You Are What You Eat

It's a famous saying and very true. When I was younger, I didn't quite understand this saying. As I studied nutrition, the meaning of this saying became clear.


A few years ago, I ate a lot of bad foods. Bad as in they were not real food. What do I mean by "real food"? I deem any food that can be grown in nature as "real food". So, for instance, let's take "pasta". Pasta is manufactured, it can't be grown, so it is "fake food", in my opinion. As I studied nutrition, I ran experiments on myself and kept track of my weight and body measurements. What I found was that one serving of "pasta" added more weight to your body that 4 servings of other "fake foods".


Here is a list of "real foods" to eat to stay healthy and gain a good weight balance for your frame.

Seeds
Nuts
Water
Tea (No white or processed sugar)
Fish
Chicken
Fruit
Vegetables

I discovered that if I ate mostly the foods from this list that I would lose about 3.5 lbs per week. This ratio would decrease as I got closer to my "ideal weight" which is 135lbs. So in the beginning, I weighted around 185lbs and after 3 months I ended up at 143lbs. So I went from losing about 3.5lbs per week to losing around 0.5lbs the last few weeks. If you eat natural foods "real food" your body will either lose or gain weight depending on what your "ideal weight" is supposed to be and if you or over or under that weight; at least, in my experience, it did.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chruch Attack In Texas Or Attack on the 2nd Amendment?

Obviously, another staged mass shooting targeting a pro-gun institution which is the church. What better way to get more citizens to vote fo...